Chapter 402 History
The chapter was first incorporated in the state of Ohio as the “Heart of Ohio EAA Chapter 402” in 1972. It ran for some years and then the chapter must have fallen into inactivity for some time, until it was resurrected in the early ’90s. We have very few records on the chapter’s history; if you have any information to add, please contact: Michael Harris, 740-522-4206, email@example.com.
Our Chapter Mission:
Chapter 402’s Mission is “to enjoy, promote, and advance the art of aviation”; specifically, per our by-laws, to:
- Promote and encourage the sport and hobby of recreational aviation.
- Cooperate with and assist governmental agencies in the development of programs relating to aviation activities.
- Promote and encourage aviation safety in the design, construction, and operation of all types of aircraft.
- Encourage and engage in research for the improvement and better understanding of aviation and the science of aeronautics.
- Foster, promote, and engage in aviation education.
- Promote and encourage grassroots efforts relating to aviation research.
EAA Chapter 402 By-laws download
About the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association):
EAA was founded in 1953 and is headquartered in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. The association has more than 170,000 members in all 50 states and around the World. As its website says: “EAA is the only association that offers the fun and camaraderie of sharing your passion for participating in the flying, building, and restoring of recreational aircraft with the most passionate community of aviation enthusiasts.” Learn more about EAA at: http://eaa.org/about.
Join Local Chapter 402:
Just fill out the application and mail your check, or choose below the membership type and then “Buy Now” to pay by credit card or paypal.
- $10 — Student Membership – for those under 18. Student members get a student membership kit, access to an exclusive student members-only website featuring more online tools and resources, career planning information, applications for aviation scholarships, and much more.
- $40 — Individual Membership – includes all the benefits of EAA membership as outlined in the EAA Membership Guide, with your choice of magazine: EAA Sport Aviation or EAA Sport Pilot.
- $50 — Individual Plus Spouse – the benefits of Individual Membership are extended to the member’s spouse, less an individual magazine subscription.